Welcome to Short Current affairs today free preparation guide for your competitive exams, Every day Our Team Collect all important Current Affairs Question and Answers So you don't waste your time for searching current affairs , One stop Destination for all students- Bookmark this page for Daily Updates
|Latest Current Affairs Questions And Answers|
Important Current Affairs 15th April
Player Kobe Bryant retires
Biggest Power Plant in Jharkhand
Kobe Bryant completed his glorious 20-year career with style.
was 5 time NBA champion.
has won two Olympic gold medals.
is a third all-time scorer in total points, behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and
Tobacco Company breaks rank
Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone for a power plant of Patratu
Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (PVUNL) in Ramgarh, Jharkhand.
is a joint venture company of National Thermal Power Corporation and
will be 8000 MW capacity plant, stated to be biggest in India.
tops Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan
Tobacco Company has started bearing 85% pictorial health warnings on both
sides of its tobacco products.
Tobacco is the manufacturer of Panama and Golden Gold Flake cigarettes.
move comes under Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Amendment Rules,
products had warning covering 40% area on one side.
govt. launches carpooling app
and Mahindra group are among the top in list of corporates involved in
construction of toilets in schools.
initiative was taken under the government’s Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan in
5 corporates are: TCS, Mahindra Group, Infosys, IFIG, CII
Funding for school toilets comes under Corporate Social Responsibility
starts manufacturing in India
is to start its second phase of odd-even-car from today.
help people find carpooling options Delhi govt. launched ‘PoochhO Carpool’
Users can find carpooling options within a radius of 1-5 km.
of odd-even rules seeks a penalty of Rs 2,000.
Launched National Agriculture Market
South Korean Electronics Company will manufacture 1 million phones in
will be manufactured at its Noida facility in partnership with GDN
move comes under ‘Make in India’ initiative.
Ki-Wan is LG Electronics India’s MD.
Ambassadors of AP tourism
an e-trading platform for the National Agriculture Market was launched by
Mandis from 8 States have been linked to National Agriculture Market.
200 mandis will be linked within 5 months and 585 Mandis by March, 2018.
is taking steps to double the farmers’ income in the next 5 years.
tall Ambedkar statue in Hyd
Devgn and Kajol will serve as brand ambassadors of Andhra Pradesh tourism
expressed interest in setting up entertainment and media city in
is the new state capital for Andhra Pradesh.
theatre festival in Bengaluru
125-foot tall statue of B R Ambedkar will come up beside Hussain Sagar
Lake and the state secretariat in Telangana.
stone was laid down by Telangana CM K Chandrasekhara Rao.
Hussain Sagar Lake had world’s tallest monolith of Gautam Buddha (58-foot
Important Current Affairs 14th April
10-day National Theatre Festival will be held in Bengaluru.
is organised by the National School of Drama and Department of Kannada and
festival is titled ‘Dakshina Bharatha Rangotsava’.
will play 10 plays in Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam.
On 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar, PM Modi launched the Gram Uday se Bharat Uday Abhiyan.
The campaign was launched from Mhow, Madhya Pradesh.
It will focus on issues pertaining to rural development, improving farmers’ income.
The 11-day program will conclude on Panchayati Raj Diwas on April 24.
The scheme envisages to strengthen Panchayati Raj.
Padma Sachdev Gets Saraswati Samman
Padma Sachdev has been chosen for the prestigious Saraswati Samman for the year 2015.
Sachdev writes in Hindi & native Dogri & has 60 books to her credit.
She has been a recipient of Sahitya Akademi in 1971.
The award is given every year for an outstanding literary work written in any Indian language by an Indian citizen.
- India has successfully tested its long-range submarine launched ballistic missile.
- The nuclear-capable missile can strike targets up to 3,500 km away.
- The submarine launched ballistic missile was test-fired from INS Arihant.
- The K-4 is part of the K-family of missiles named after former president and scientist A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- The missile was developed specifically for the Arihant.
- The government has dissolved the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) board.
- Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma dissolved the IGNCA board and appointed a new 20-member team.
- The govt. has appointed noted journalist Ram Bahadur Rai as next IGNCA chairman.
- IGNCA serves as a resource centre for the arts and undertakes research and publication programmes.
- Sushila Karki has become the first female acting Chief Justice of Nepal’s Supreme Court.
- The Constitutional Council headed by Prime Minister KP Oli recommended the appointment of Karki.
- Her nomination is expected to be confirmed by a parliamentary committee.
- Karki has the reputation of being a fearless judge with zero tolerance for corruption.
- The Union Cabinet gave its nod for India adopting the statute of the South Asia Wildlife Enforcement Network (SAWEN).
- It will help in checking cross border wildlife crimes.
- SAWEN is comprised of 8 countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh,Bhutan,India,Maldives, Nepal,Pakistan & Sri Lanka.
- It aims at working as a strong regional inter¬governmental body for combating wildlife crime.
- Maharashtra Assembly has unanimously passed the Prohibition of Social Boycott Bill & became the first state to do this.
- The bill seeks to crackdown on extra-judicial bodies like caste & community panchayats.
- The bill states that social boycott is prohibited & its commission shall be an offence.
- It disallows social boycott of any individual or groups by caste & community panchayats.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Maritime India Summit 2016 at Goregaon, Mumbai.
- PM also released national perspective plan of the Sagarmala programme.
- The prime objective of the Sagarmala project is to promote port led development.
- Summit aims at exploring new opportunities by attracting global investors from the maritime sector.
- It will showcase projects like port development and modernization.
- National Small Savings Fund (NSSF) loan rate to the Centre & states has been lowered to 8.8 % from 9.5 %.
- NSSF invests its net collection as loan to Centre & State and UT govt.
- The funds mobilised as small savings are routed to the Centre & the States as loans.
- The loan rates of NSSF are usually determined based on the average deposit rates of small savings schemes.
- India was the world’s largest remittance recipient in 2015 despite a USD 1 billion drop from the previous year.
- India retained its top spot in 2015, attracting about USD 69 billion in remittances.
- India had received USD 70 billion in 2014.
- This was according to the World Bank annual report Migration and Development Brief.